Build a successful social business, enterprise or career that fits with your family life at our hands on, early stage incubator. We use Lean Start Up business modelling to help you find your focus. Our supportive, collaborative atmosphere helps you feel more confident as a professional and a parents.
The Parent-Cubator is facilitated by Ann Nkune, founder of Bloomsbury Beginnings CIC and hosted at the Calthorpe, a hidden green oasis in the heart of Kings Cross. If you have an under 3 you can book them in to Calthorpe Project’s lovely on site creche for a creative play session while you learn (subject to availability). Sponsorship and pro-bono support allows us to offer you a great value course fee of just £199.
What will you get?
- Six face to face 2 hour workshops (maximum group size of 12) at a central London venue
- Three online Q&As with our legal, finance and social media experts
- Catch up 1:1s if you can’t make a session or would like some extra support
- Access to experts and advisers from the Bloomsbury Beginnings’ network
- A peer group of entrepreneurs and professionals to support, motivate and keep you accountable. They’re often your future customers, champions, collaborators and partners too.
- Your professional and parenting experience valued we recognise your expertise, and create a forum to help you share that with confidence
- On-site creche for your little ones to enjoy (subject to availability, additional charge applies)
- A beautiful garden and co-working cafe to relax and network before and after the session
- Private Whatsapp and Facebook groups
- Time for you to step back and focus on your business
Our Spring incubator is now full but if you’d like to register your interest in the Autumn 2018 programme, we’ll get in touch when we have confirmed the dates
Course Fee: £199Course Brochure Register Your Interest
As a social enterprise, we offer a limited number of bursary places on our courses to parents on a low income with ideas which tackle significant social, economic or environmental problems. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details
What Our Alumni Say
Lynn Harris, Founder and Director of Otti & Liv
Can’t recommend it more – we are live because of it! practical advice, great people, amazing creche – go for it!
Silvia Menabe, Founder & Director of Baby Brains
It has helped me greatly to get some clarity and confidence about the business priorities of my small company. I have been much more focused since participating and things have started rolling
Jacki, Co-Founder and Director Slinging London CIC
I loved getting together with other parents who were going through the same struggles as me. Brainstorming about others’ businesses, really helped me to think about mine
Jade, Founder & Director of Argan Reserve
Of the many courses and sessions that I’ve attended the Parent-Cubator was truly inspiring, supportive, informative, friendly, relaxed and empowering. It gave me that push and drive to make change possible