Build a successful social business or enterprise that fits with your family life. Our hands on, early stage incubator uses Lean Start Up business modelling and a supportive, collaborative atmosphere where we can draw on each other’s experience and expertise as professionals and parents. It is facilitated by Ann Nkune, founder of Bloomsbury Beginnings CIC and hosted at the Calthorpe, a hidden green oasis in the heart of Kings Cross. If you have an under 3 you can book them in to Calthorpe Project’s lovely on site creche for a creative play session while you learn (subject to availability). Sponsorship and pro-bono support allows us to offer you a great value course fee of just £199.
What will you get?
- Six face to face 2 hour workshops (maximum group size of 12) at a central London venue
- Three online Q&As with our legal, finance and social media experts
- Catch up 1:1s if you can’t make a session or would like some extra support
- Access to experts and advisers from the Bloomsbury Beginnings’ network
- A peer group of entrepreneurs and professionals to support, motivate and keep you accountable. They’re often your future customers, champions, collaborators and partners too.
- Your professional and parenting experience valued we recognise your expertise, and create a forum to help you share that with confidence
- On-site creche for your little ones to enjoy (subject to availability, additional charge applies)
- A beautiful garden and co-working cafe to relax and network before and after the session
- Private Whatsapp and Facebook groups
- Time for you to step back and focus on your business
Session 1: Your Mission Define your drivers for starting and running your venture, identify your personal and professional priorities and get to grips with the Lean Canvas.
Session 2: Finding Your Customers & Funders Identify your ‘early adopters’ and the problems you are trying to help them solve.
Session 3: Testing Your Value Proposition create and test a proposition which resonates with your customers and is true to your mission. Build your social media strategy
Session 4: Minimum Viable Products and Scaling Up identify your minimum viable product and assess your scale up potential. Consider your journey from founder to CEO
Session 5: Your Pitch present your proposition and leverage the resources of the group and visiting experts
Session 6: Graduation develop an action and accountability plan to keep you motivated, confident and on track as a founder and a parent
Our next incubator runs from 17 April – 22 May 2018, each Tuesday 10.30-12.30 (10.30-1 on 17 April)
Course Fee: £199Course Brochure Register Your Interest
As a social enterprise, we offer a limited number of bursary places on our courses to parents on a low income with ideas which tackle significant social, economic or environmental problems. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details